Friday, December 25, 2009

{Mongramed glitter shirt...}

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

from {Crafts and Deals}

Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday!

{In case you missed this post when I did a blog swap...}

I wanted to try to make monogram shirts for my girls and have seen the tutorials on freezer paper stencils and thought I would give it a try.




First...print whatever shape/letter you are stenciling onto your freezer paper. I cut out an 8x11 piece of freezer paper and taped it on to a regular sheet of paper (shiny side down).



Then...I took my exacto knife and cut out the shape.



Take a small sheet of freezer paper and iron it on to the BACK side of your shirt so the ink/glue doesn't soak through. Iron it shiny side DOWN.



Then iron on the stencil to the front of the shirt...shiny side DOWN.




Then I took fabric glue and spread it on to the shirt.



Then I sprinkled the glitter on the glue and pressed down on it. I let it dry over night to ensure that the glue was dried.



When I peeled the stencil off it did NOT come in one piece I had to tear around each curve of the letter....{not a BIG deal but at the time I was thinking I just ruined a good shirt!!}



On the spots that didn't have a lot of glitter I just put a little glue and glitter on and let it dry.

I think they turned out great for a one time wear!







































No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails